Monday, October 17, 2011

Emotional farewell for Smita Jaykar

Smita Jaykar who essayed the role of Thakurain Chandra Prabha in Zee TV’s Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli, cried inconsolably like a child on the last day of her shoot in the show.

The track showed Chandra Prabha succumbing to her injuries in a “road accident” that was orchestrated by Koel, which meant the end of her character in the show. Smita Jaykar has been associated with the show, which recently completed 500 episodes, since its inception. When you are associated with a daily serial for so long, you are bound to get attached to your character, cast and every aspect of the show.

An emotional Smita Jaykar said, “I was aware that my character in the show will come to an end following the natural course of story progression but did not know it will come so soon. On my last day of shoot, it suddenly dawned upon me that I will no more be a part of the show. Coming to the sets in the morning and spending the entire day with Karan, Suhasi, Alok Ji and the rest of the crew and cast had become a part of my life. It has been an emotional journey filled with so many interesting memories. I know I will always be welcome on the sets whenever I come but I will definitely miss being a part of the show.”

Suhasi Dhami who plays Abha, Smita Jaykar in the show, said, “I don’t think there was any lack of motherly affection with Smita Ji being on the sets. Its needless to say that we will miss her terribly.”

Smita Ji can now take her long pending, well deserved break and devote more time preparing for her daughter’s wedding.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment